Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Los Angeles Loss Meetup: Energetic Healing Circles

View from Light Hands Reiki Studio: Sunrise



Los Angeles Loss Meetup: Energetic Healing Circles info:


After the sudden death of one of my dearest friends (36 years of friendship) just before Thanksgiving and the also sudden exit of my beloved Nadia (heart failure)...not to mention the great loss suffered in this year's Presidential Election, I realized this morning that I needed to seek what the Buddhists call "Sangha." Sangha refers to the gathering of like-minded souls in order to survive this Life with some peace of mind.

I was advised today to seek Grief Counseling, but as soon as I heard the word "grief," I began to weep and wasn't sure if I could survive a room full of sobbing people.

Then I said to myself, "Self, you're a Reiki Shinpiden. Get to using that Universal Energy for Self-Healing!" And that led me to: Sangha.

Or stated another way, these healing circles will hopefully bring my fellow sufferers out of their homes and into mine, so that I can bring my own life into balance.

If you'd like to join this group, please go to the Meetup page (see the above link) or contact me via the Contact option on this blog.

Details:

Where: Light Hands Reiki Studio (Los Feliz/Hollywood area 90027)
When: Starts this Sunday, Dec. 11 @ 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Street parking can be challenging on Sundays, so I apologize and we can re-set the time and date after the first meetup.
Donation: $10 (Nobody will be turned away for lack of funds.)

What we will do: 

In the interest of time, our focus will be a more cognitive approach than storytelling, although we will definitely be allowing ourselves to feel whatever emotions come up and to share them, if so desired. 

Modalities will include:
• Chair Reiki (no experience necessary)
• Healing mudras (hand positions that create energy vortexes)
• Meditation and affirmations (as time permits)

First hour: Energy Work

Second hour: Session wrap-up with Meditation and Affirmations, followed by Potluck Lunch (it's not mandatory to stay for the meal sharing).

It has been suggested that we send Healing Energy Long Distance to those who cannot be with us. Please bring the names of those you know who have asked for this healing, and we will send energy before ending the Circle.

Nadia: R.I.P.
"Invest in Loss"

When I was studying Tai Chi, my masters would tell me, "Invest in Loss." This was a difficult concept then and even more difficult when one is faced with loss after loss. Today I looked it up & found this wonderful definition on this website:

Instead of pushing back against the inevitable "attack," investing in loss means doing the opposite of what our instincts may advise: allow the opposing energy to move through us, without resistance, thus rendering that force impotent.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Marlan Warren is a free-lance publicist who promotes entertainers and book authors (Roadmap Communications and Book Publicity by Marlan, respectively). She is also a film maker (Roadmap Productions), Reiki Master/Teacher (Light Hands Reiki Studio and Institute), Screenwriter, Novelist, PhotoJournalist, Tai Chi practitioner.